Thursday, April 16, 2015

High Hope Steeplechase 2015

For the second year in a row my artwork will grace the program cover for the High Hope Steeplechase in Lexington, Kentucky at the gorgeous Kentucky Horse Park. I'm honored. Last year an older painting was used, this year I've painted something special for them:
Oil on canvas, 24"x12" (as yet untitled)
These are the silks of Mrs. S.K. Johnston, a prominent owner of jumpers and flat racers. The event takes place the Sunday after the Preakness, this year falling on May 17th. I'll have a booth exhibiting my artwork, soooo, if you're in or around Lexington that weekend, do stop by! Y'all know I love Kentucky and will use any excuse to visit.

Mmm...bourbon,
Sharon

2 comments:

Jo Castillo said...

Great painting, very descriptive. Congrats on the poster. Hope the show goes well.

Sharon Crute said...

Thank you Jo! Nice to hear from you.