Friday, July 24, 2015

Day 1 - Forty Paintings in Forty Days

I'm cheating a little bit as this is opening day at the Saratoga Race Course and I've been working diligently for the past two days to get my booth ready. There are some priorities, I guess, although I'd much rather be painting.

This is the plein air piece that I painted last Sunday I believe, to be sure that I could pull this lofty project into a tangible product. It was a cloudy day which gave me more time to paint without chasing the light. I have to keep reminding myself that this is not a sprint, but a marathon to be savored and learned from.

Wash Rack, 8"x10", oil on panel

It's Todd Pletcher's wash rack behind his barn. I thought the open barn in the background was for ponies, having never paid it much attention. Apparently it's being used for runners which I thought very interesting as it's so open and on the main busy main road in the barn area. The training track is just beyond the road. Must be the calm ones of the outfit, or perhaps they become used to all the activity.

The price is $500. framed and includes shipping with the U.S. You can purchase it with the PayPal button below or feel free to contact me for other options. I accept installments and you can also purchase it unframed for $400.



Thank you for following me on this crazy journey,
Sharon 

No comments: