Saturday, July 25, 2015

Day 2 - Forty Paintings in Forty Days

I had to spend Friday and today in my booth on the frontside. There are too many friends and clients stopping by to visit and ask about what's new and I don't want to miss any of them. I call it "hugs and kisses day".

Today's painting was also created earlier in the week as I knew I'd be spending two long days in the booth. Cheating? I don't think so. There will be days when Michael will have to be home printing stretching, matting, pressing and all manner of replenishing the booth with artwork and merchandise and I'll be in the booth. It's good to be a little ahead. Speaking of that merchandise, we've cut back on gift items as I'm beginning to feel that the it monopolizes our time and steals attention from possible paintings sales. We'll still have mousepads (yes, they're still selling), 8"x10" matted prints, notecards, my children's book and a few other things. I'm also still offering customized jockey silks - more on those here: Jockey Silks

This is a morning backlit view of Michael Dilger's barn after a hard rain the night before. If awards were given for best tricked out barn, Michael would win it every year. Beautiful hanging baskets and pots of flowers create a lovely and appealing atmosphere. His workers were so friendly - they kept visiting the easel to track my progress and inquire about which hotwalker made it into the painting. I love my job.

Dilger's Barn, 8"x10", oil on panel
The price is $500. framed and includes free shipping within the U.S. You can purchase it with the PayPal button below or feel free to contact me for other options. I accept installments and you can also purchase it unframed for $400.


So darn pretty,
Sharon

No comments: