Tuesday, July 28, 2015

Day 4 - Forty Paintings in Forty Days

I'm a day late. Today, Tuesday, is a dark day and I simply collapsed last night and went right to sleep. Unusual for this insomniac.

Yesterday morning was overcast and foggy, giving me more time to paint. There are a few add-on stalls such as these around the barn area, usually for the stable ponies. This particular pony is Bucky, belonging to Shug McGaughey and he's a feisty twenty-three year old. The horse on the left is a filly in love with Bucky.

The cool light enabled me to really observe and match that odd putty gray-green color of the barn. It's a very muted middle value. I use a combination of yellow ochre, veridian, chromatic black and of course white. If you've never used Gamblin's Chromatic Black, it's actually a mixture of pthalo green and quinacridone red and comes out of the tube a rich, jet black. It's quite versatile.

Bucky, 11"x14", oil on panel
I went bigger with this painting. I'm much more comfortable with a larger size.



The price is $750. framed and includes free shipping within the U.S. You can purchase it with the PayPal button below or feel free to contact me for other options. I accept installments and you can also purchase it unframed for $625.00

Taking the rest of the day off,
Sharon

No comments: