Monday, August 10, 2015

Day 13 - Forty Paintings in Forty Days

Another late morning painting. This is Elm Court which used to back up to where the horse vans parked, now it's handicap parking. The vans roll into the barn area at any time during training - that was never allowed in the past.

Three barns are perpendicular to each other creating interesting shapes and diagonals. I'm not sure what the little building in the front is but there's an official-looking red sign, probably fire-related. I'm pleased with the contrast and I'm feeling more confident. Speaking of that, after a couple of weeks of exploring the barn area, hands and arms outstretched with fingers framing a scene, my self-consciousness is melting away. I'm a curiosity. Even George Weaver's dog sat down at the end of the shedrow and quietly stared at me for several minutes. The idea is to stay out of everyone's way and that's why you'll usually find me set up between a manure pit and a dumpster!

Elm Court, 11"x14", oil on canvas panel
The substrate is a Raymar canvas panel. Not especially enamored with it, maybe because I've been painting on a smooth Masonite-type panel.

Just pretend I'm not here,
Sharon

No comments: